How do you show someone you love them? How do you love yourself?
by Jacquie Wise
Aren’t these the ways you show someone you love them?
• you go out of your way to provide what they need (affection, support, space…)
• you listen respectfully to their concerns, providing constructive feedback
• you try to make it fun for them to be with you, so you think of different things you
could do together
• you encourage, uplift and affirm them
• you nurture them, encouraging them to look after their health
(to eat well, exercise…)
• you surprise them with small gifts, treats, sms messages or cards
• if you need to correct them, you do so constructively and respectfully
• if you accidentally hurt or upset them, you apologise and make it up to them
• you support their growth and freedom
• you show interest in what they do
Do you provide these thoughtful actions to yourself?
• you go out of your way to ensure you get what you need (space )
• you listen respectfully to your concerns, providing constructive feedback in your journal
• you try to have fun just by yourself, so you find things you enjoy doing
• you encourage, uplift and affirm yourself in your journal
• you nurture yourself, and look after your health (eat well, exercise…)
• you treat yourself to small gifts (without guilt!)
• if you need to correct yourself, you do so constructively and respectfully
• if you hurt or disadvantage yourself, you find ways to make it up to yourself
• you support your growth and freedom
• you respect what’s important to you and allow time and space for it
Is it time for you to raise your level of self-respect or self-esteem. Would you like some guidance? If so, contact me directly to arrange a convenient appointment time.
I’d love to know what you think of what I’ve said here.
You can give me your feedback, ask a question by email or post a comment below.
If you or someone you know would like a personal consultation, please call +61 3 9690 8159.
Any information presented on our website is of a general nature only and is not intended as a substitute for professional advice.
Reproducing and Sharing
Jacquie Wise has many articles available for reprinting in your newsletter, website, social media or to pass on to your friends (including this post) that she would be happy for you to share.
You can share a direct hyperlink to this post’s URL at anytime.
If you would like to reproduce any articles, Jacquie relies on your integrity to quote the content in its entirety and include the following acknowledgment at the end: